At Last! A Human Review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab

On Christmas day, my Wife handed me a small present and I could not tell if it was clothes or a tablet. I knew it was not an iPad because she already had hers and did not believe in duplication. Well, low and behold, it was a Samsung Galaxy Tab from AT&T

Tab vs. the iPad

The Tab is no where near as simple as the iPad. You actually have to read the manual to learn how to start using your device. In addition, looking up articles or YouTube clips helps learn how to use multitasking features and shortcuts.

They also give you some default apps that are pre-installed. Be careful not to sync too many contacts in as that will eat up your memory – the store tells you that after the fact.

Beware of the Apps

Only download one App at a time and make sure you do your research. The default apps such as email take a little time to learn; however, do not download all the same apps you already have on your iPhone.

I believe the Twitter for Android app caused my device to crash so much that AT&T just switched me out for a new device.

Settings

This is where you will want to spend a lot of your time. Make sure to customize your settings for yourself. Make sure to set the email chime reminders, weather, world clock and daily news updates. Don’t forget about your predictive text or other settings.


Video Conferencing

This is was one of the big sellers for me. So far, the only app that seems to be the one that works is Mirial, but I can’t find any that have that green video conference button. I can do voice Skype calls, but can’t see the other person nor can they see me.



The Verdict
I like my device and knew about the potential headaches that are with most new products; however, I am not stuck to my desktop or lugging around a laptop anymore.

I think Samsung should centralize a blog around the Tab, but I don’t think that will happen anytime soon.

What do other Samsung Galaxy Tab owners have to say? Let’s share our experiences!



About Author

Deepak Gupta is serving as the VP of Marketing for Help My Resume, a Florida-based non-profit and is the Principal of Marketing By Deepak Consulting Group.

Using Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media/inbound marketing and PR as a means of aggressively increasing brand awareness and consumer engagement, Marketing By Deepak Consulting Group partners with clients and successfully converts their online efforts into qualified leads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment